Canned Laughter - It's OK Not To Be OK
The launch of Canned Laughter - It's OK Not To Be OK, produced and presented by Andrew Eborn, attracted a capacity crowd to Equity's Guild House on 18th July. The extremely long waiting list for the event is a testament to the importance of this initiative.
As a result of the tremendous demand and extensive media coverage the next event on 7th October has been moved to a much larger venue, The Bloomsbury Ballroom - London's opulent art deco venue. Situated on the beautiful Bloomsbury Square, The Bloomsbury Ballroom is ideally located between the West End and The City.
Andrew Eborn is committed to continuing to raise the profile of mental health in the Arts, as well as removing its stigma and has already secured another great lineup of speakers for the next Canned Laughter event on 7th October with a new feature "Ask the Psychotherapist".
The launch event was opened by Maureen Beattie, President of Equity.
Andrew Eborn interviewed an impressive list of guests from the industry and medical profession including:
Stefan Walters - Harley Street Systemic Psychotherapist
Morna Burdon Performer, Singer, Director, Writer, Chair East of Scotland Equity Branch; Ex-Convenor E of Sc Mental Health Working Party; Author : “Sometimes We are Treated Quite Well”.
Addam Merali-Younger Equity Membership Support Assistant – Bullying, Harassment & Mental Health
Bea Grist - Life Coach, Spotlight
Anthony Darkstone. producer & performer
Jonathan Hansler - actor & comedian
Monty Panesar - International England Cricket Player
Tickets were snapped up for the launch.
Book your place now for 7th October
From Jonathan Goldsmith
"I’ll be speaking at this event in a segment called “Ask a psychotherpist” discussing with Andrew Eborn topics around mental health, psychotherapy and some thoughts on how it can help.
We will be giving the chance for people to send in questions in advance as well as opening up space for a q+a with the audience .
Canned Laughter: It’s ok to not be ok” is a project from Octopus TV to help to de-stigmatise those affected by mental health aimed at people working in the entertainment industries."
Send your questions to CannedLaughter@OctopusTV.com
Jonathan Goldsmith- Biography
Jonathan Goldsmith is a Psychotherapist, Hypnotherapist, Coach,
Trainer and Facilitator and his company is called “Be More You”.
He works in private practice with individuals and couples and for
businesses and organisations, he works as a coach and trainer.
He offers mentoring and workshops to help and guide people
with their creative projects, aspirations, and dreams with his
project Be More Creative.
He is a founder member, developer and supervisor of The
International Association of Generative Change (IAGC) a global
community of therapists, coaches and trainers who work under
the banner of ‘Generative Change’.
To be 'Generative' is to create something new; How do you
create a successful and meaningful work life? How do you create
great personal relationships? How do you develop a great
relationship with yourself — your body, your past, your future,
your wounds and your gifts? These as the basic challenges in
leading an extraordinary life.
Jonathan has prior extensive experience working in event
production, hospitality and the creative industries. This has led to
him collaborating on immersive shows, larps, cross-modal events
/ experience design.
He continues to work with artists, musicians, chefs, actors, larp
designers, producers and performers as he sees that the creative
arts are an area in which the principles of Generative Change
- Canned laughter - 7th Oct£0£00£0
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that Octopus TV Ltd, the management, venue, event participants, and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed including without limitation by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than by Octopus TV Ltd, the promoter, venue management or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue operates a No Smoking Policy.
11. Octopus TV Ltd, the promoter and venue management accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required